- 125gm butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 150’C.
- Prepare baking trays by lining with baking paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth and allow to cool.
- Add egg to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt and ginger and mix until well combined.
- Portion the dough into 2 and shape into circles, wrapping in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough in portions until 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with your Christmas cookie cutters and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.
This recipe is best prepared the day before to allow the flavours to intensify. Continue reading “Christmas Cheese Ball – Gluten Free”
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 110gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160’C and grease a baking dish with spray oil.
- In a bench mixer, which egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until mixture thickens. Add butter and beat until combined. Slowly add flour, cocoa, and milk and beat until combined.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. .
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- 250gm butter
- 250gm brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125gm butter
- 3 cups soft icing mixture
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- caramel topping
- sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 160’C and prepare two 25cm round cake tins.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bench mixer.
- Gradually add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture equally into prepared tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cream butter and icing mixture.
- Add caramel topping and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- Allow cakes to cool and spread some of the frosting over one of the cakes.
- Place the second cake on top of the first and cover the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with caramel topping and banana and serve.