I recently upgraded by Dyson handheld stick vacuum to the Dyson V8 Absolute and absolutely love it.
Here are the 8 features I love: Continue reading “8 Features I Love On My Dyson V8 Absolute”
Nivea Rich Nourishing Richly Caring Dry to Very Dry Skin
An excellent all over body moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and is not sticky.
I have used a Clarisonic sonic cleansing brush for the past 2 years and have been very impressed with the way it cleans and gently exfoliates my skin. It is my most favourite beauty tool.
Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap
Used with my Clarisonic, only a little is needed to thoroughly cleanse the face and prepare the skin for moisturizing.
Dermal Therapy Heel Balm Platinum Next Generation Formula
I use this product at night just before I hop into bed, rubbing a little on my heels and soles of my feet. I have tried many products in the past but this one works well and is not greasy.
Makes approximately 16 scones
- 4 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2cups milk
- Preheat oven to 220’C and line a baking tray.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir quickly to combine.
- Lightly knead mixture on a bench until 2 cm high.
- Cut with scone cutter and place scones on lined baking tray.
- Bake for approximatley 15 minutes.
This cake is a long time family favourite from the Family Circle Favourite Cake Recipes book.
Recently, we have adapted the Chocolate Fudge Cake to be Gluten Free and here is the recipe.
- 125gm butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- 125gm butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 160’C and prepare two 20cm round cake tins.
- Beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix cocoa with hot water to form a paste and gradually add to the cake mixture.
- Combine milk and vinegar to sour.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add to cake mixture alternately with sour milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture evenly between the two prepared cake tins and bake for approximatley 30 minutes or until cooked through. Allow the cakes to cool in their tins for ten minutes and turn onto racks allowing to cool completely.
- Whilst the cakes are baking, prepare the icing by beating butter until light and creamy.
- Mix cocoa with hot water to form a paste and add to the butter alternately with the icing sugar.
- Cover the cake with the icing, including a layer between the two cakes.
Eternity Summer Calvin Klein
A lovely light summer scent that makes me feel fresh.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +
An excellent moisturizer for normal to dry skin. It is light and absorbs quickly into my skin.
818 One Truth Anti-Aging Serum with TAM-818
An impulse but from the beautician. It can be used on the face and eyes. This serum is light, easily absorbed and makes your skin feel young again.
Clinique Sculptwear Conturing Massage Cream Mask
I use this cream at night over the Clinique Moisturizer to add firmness to my skin.
Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydration
I use this when my skin feels dry or stressed. It is very light and moisturizing.
Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer
I alternate using this at night over my moisturizer with the Clinique Sculptwear Conturing Massage Cream Mask. After use, skin feels firmer and soft.
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- 375ml Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- 50ml water
- ice cubes
- Blitz apple, pear and water and pour evenly into serving glasses.
- Add ginger beer and ice cubes to glasses. Stir well and enjoy.
- 1 packet rocket leaf salad mix
- 100gm Camembert cheese, small wedges
- handful cranberries
- 2 pears, cubed
- handful walnuts, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients and serve as an entree or salad
- 180gm ALDI Has No… Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Biscuits
- 500gm cream cheese
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tsp gelatine powder, dissolve in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 200gm white chocolate, melted
- Place biscuits into a zip lock bag and lightly crush with a rolling pin. Place biscuit pieces into serving glass, reserving some for decoration.
- In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the dissolved gelatine and fold in the whipped cream and melted chocolate.
- Distribute evenly in each glass. Decorate with reserved crushed biscuits.
One of my favourite places to stay for a holiday to relax and rejuvenate is the Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns. Continue reading “Why I Love to Stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns”