This cake is a long time family favourite from the Family Circle Favourite Cake Recipes book.
Recently, we have adapted the Chocolate Fudge Cake to be Gluten Free and here is the recipe.
- 125gm butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- 125gm butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 160’C and prepare two 20cm round cake tins.
- Beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix cocoa with hot water to form a paste and gradually add to the cake mixture.
- Combine milk and vinegar to sour.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add to cake mixture alternately with sour milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture evenly between the two prepared cake tins and bake for approximatley 30 minutes or until cooked through. Allow the cakes to cool in their tins for ten minutes and turn onto racks allowing to cool completely.
- Whilst the cakes are baking, prepare the icing by beating butter until light and creamy.
- Mix cocoa with hot water to form a paste and add to the butter alternately with the icing sugar.
- Cover the cake with the icing, including a layer between the two cakes.
This recipe is adapted from the recipe by My Culinary Saga. I baked it recently with fantastic results. Thank you Trupti for allowing us to feature your recipe on our site.
Continue reading “Gluten Free Brownies”