If you are looking for a top place to stay in Melbourne you can’t beat the Grand Mercure or Mercure Welcome located at Little Bourke Street.
These are my top reasons to stay in the heart of the City :
- Location, Location, Location
- Walking distance to Flinders Street Station, MCG, National Gallery of Victoria, Chinatown, Crown Casino, South Bank, Federation Square, tram stops.
- A short tram stop to Queen Victoria Markets.
- Haigh’s Chocolates Store – Located in the foyer of the hotel is the Haigh’s Chocolates store which has delectable delights.
- Retail Shopping Therapy – Bourke Street Mall, Emporium Melbourne, Melbourne Central and a number of small Heritage Arcades. A short tram ride will take you to the Harbour Town at Docklands.
- Buffet breakfast with a variety of cuisines.
- Cocoon Bar – intimate wining and dining away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city.
One of my favourite places to stay for a holiday to relax and rejuvenate is the Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns.
Here are my reasons:
1. Location, Location, Location
The Shangri-La Hotel is situated at the Marina with picturesque ocean views. The hotel is also central to the town main centre with an easy walk to shops and restaurants.
2. Horizon Club
A lovely place to relax morning, afternoon and evening with the friendliest staff. A scrumptious selection of food is offered daily for breakfast and canapés along with a full bar daily from 5 – 7pm. The Horizon Club is well worth including in your stay.
3. Swimming Pool
The hotel has a beautiful large swimming pool with plenty of chairs and day beds to relax by the pool.
4. Restaurants with water views
There are many restaurants in Cairns and my favourite are Dundee’s, Salt House, Waterbar & Grill and North Bar & Kitchen.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
5. Activities and Sightseeing
Helicopter ride to the Great Barrier Reef
A short stroll from the hotel will have you at GBR Helicopter for a scenic aerial ride over the Great Barrier Reef. The helicopter ride goes around Green Island with a close look over the Great Barrier Reef. During the ride we spotted a stingray and a turtle. I was amazed at how beautiful and picturesque the Great Barrier Reef truly is. GBR Helicopters staff are very professional, friendly and courteous and I look forward to my next helicopter ride with GBR Helicopters at Port Douglas.
Day trip to Palm Cove
Palm Cove is a 50 minute bus trip from the main centre at Cairns and is a great spot for swimming in the ocean, beautiful beach walks and shopping.
Cairns Botanical Gardens
A taxi driver recommended the Botanical Gardens as a great place to visit whilst in Cairns. I was certainly glad I followed his advice. The butterfly enclosure was lots of fun and the orchids were spectacular.
Other activities include jet skis, jet boat rides and Great Barrier Reef Cruises.
The Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns is a wonderful place to visit and I look forward to returning with my Drone http://www.droning4all.com.
In my quest to take the ‘perfect shot’, I decided it was time to buy a hi-tech camera with added features. Continue reading “8 Reasons Why I Love My Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Camera”
Is one of your New Years Resolutions to get fit? Then why not think about getting a Fitbit to help you with achieving your resolution.
Continue reading “Get Fit in 2017 with your Fitbit Blaze”
A beautiful beachside town in Australia and is located approximately 66 km south of the Queensland Border
Continue reading “10 Unique Reasons To Stay at ‘Elements of Byron’”