- 125gm butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 150’C.
- Prepare baking trays by lining with baking paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth and allow to cool.
- Add egg to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt and ginger and mix until well combined.
- Portion the dough into 2 and shape into circles, wrapping in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough in portions until 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with your Christmas cookie cutters and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.
This recipe is best prepared the day before to allow the flavours to intensify. Continue reading “Christmas Cheese Ball – Gluten Free”
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 250gm Gluten Free chocolate chip biscuits, crushed
- 3 x 50gm Cadbury Crunchie chocolate bars, crushed
- 200gm dark cooking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Red and green icing for decorating
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add to crushed biscuits and Crunchie bar in a bowl and mix well.
- Press firmly into a greased square slice pan 20cmx20cm and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Melt chocolate and oil in small saucepan over low heat. Pour over slice base and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Decorate with red and green icing. Once icing has hardened, cut into pieces and serve.