This recipe is best prepared the day before to allow the flavours to intensify. Continue reading “Christmas Cheese Ball – Gluten Free”
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 250gm Gluten Free chocolate chip biscuits, crushed
- 3 x 50gm Cadbury Crunchie chocolate bars, crushed
- 200gm dark cooking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Red and green icing for decorating
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add to crushed biscuits and Crunchie bar in a bowl and mix well.
- Press firmly into a greased square slice pan 20cmx20cm and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Melt chocolate and oil in small saucepan over low heat. Pour over slice base and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Decorate with red and green icing. Once icing has hardened, cut into pieces and serve.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 110gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160’C and grease a baking dish with spray oil.
- In a bench mixer, which egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until mixture thickens. Add butter and beat until combined. Slowly add flour, cocoa, and milk and beat until combined.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. .
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- 250gm butter
- 250gm brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125gm butter
- 3 cups soft icing mixture
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- caramel topping
- sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 160’C and prepare two 25cm round cake tins.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bench mixer.
- Gradually add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture equally into prepared tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cream butter and icing mixture.
- Add caramel topping and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- Allow cakes to cool and spread some of the frosting over one of the cakes.
- Place the second cake on top of the first and cover the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with caramel topping and banana and serve.