- 125gm butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 150’C.
- Prepare baking trays by lining with baking paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth and allow to cool.
- Add egg to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt and ginger and mix until well combined.
- Portion the dough into 2 and shape into circles, wrapping in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough in portions until 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with your Christmas cookie cutters and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.
This recipe is best prepared the day before to allow the flavours to intensify. Continue reading “Christmas Cheese Ball – Gluten Free”
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 250gm Gluten Free chocolate chip biscuits, crushed
- 3 x 50gm Cadbury Crunchie chocolate bars, crushed
- 200gm dark cooking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Red and green icing for decorating
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add to crushed biscuits and Crunchie bar in a bowl and mix well.
- Press firmly into a greased square slice pan 20cmx20cm and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Melt chocolate and oil in small saucepan over low heat. Pour over slice base and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Decorate with red and green icing. Once icing has hardened, cut into pieces and serve.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 110gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160’C and grease a baking dish with spray oil.
- In a bench mixer, which egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until mixture thickens. Add butter and beat until combined. Slowly add flour, cocoa, and milk and beat until combined.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. .
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.