When I asked my nephew what sort of cake he wanted for his 3rd birthday he told me wanted a Batman Cake. How on earth was I going to make a Batman Cake? After thinking and searching images on Google I came up with a design and I thought I would share it with all of you!
Here is how I did it:
- Bake 2 cakes – I used this Gluten Free Butter Cake recipe and added yellow food colouring gel to the mixture.
- Make up a small amount of icing and spread on the top of one cake and join the 2 cakes together.
- Using ready to roll fondant icing, add some blue food colouring gel and knead until the colour is even, adding extra food colouring as required.
- Roll out the food colouring into a circle large enough to cover the top and sides of the cake.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with black and yellow food colouring gels to make buildings and a Batman logo.
- Decorate with some Batman Lego Duplo.
My nephew was very impressed with his Batman Cake.
I think it turned out quite well for my first time working with fondant icing. What do you think?