This recipe is by Blogtastic Food. I prepared and photographed it recently and have to say it was very yummy. Thank you Nicolas for allowing us to feature your recipe on our site.
Make sure you visit Blogtastic Food to check out his other recipes.
- 2 slices of whole grain or mixed grain bread
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 chilli de-seeded and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 4-5 chive sprigs chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Olive oil
- Whisk the eggs, milk, dried oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Pre-heat a preferably non-stick pan on medium heat with a glug of olive oil and keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too hot.
- Then dip the 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture and let it soak for about 10-15 seconds (I wouldn’t recommend soaking the bread for any longer because it can get soggy and it can also break easily so be careful).
- Add your egg soaked bread to the pan and sprinkle the chili in as well. Do NOT discard the egg mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the outsides are nice and golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat down low on the frying pan, add a bit more olive oil if need be and then add the rest of the egg from the bowl. Use a whisk to mix the egg around in the pan and scramble them. If you feel like the pan is getting to hot for the eggs take them off the heat for a short while and just keep whisking. When the eggs are just about to cook add your sour cream. Keep whisking until the egg it is cooked to your liking.
- Add the scrambled egg on top of your French toast.
- Finish by sprinkling with the chopped chives and then serve.