This is an old favourite recipe cutout from my collection.
- 825gm pear halves, drained and juice reserved
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160c. Grease a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash half of the pears and chop the remaining half. Add 1 cup of reserved pear juice.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add egg, oil, raspberries and pear mixture. Gently fold together and fill the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 – 65 minutes, until cooked when tested. Allow to cool in pan and store in an airtight container.