- 500gm potatoes and/or sweet potatoes
- 425gm tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 cup bread cumbs, extra for coating
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- pepper to taste
- Boil the potato and/or sweet potato until very soft. Drain well and mash until smooth.
- Place the mashed potato, tuna, parsley, egg, parsley, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and pepper in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Shape into patties using about 1/3 of a cup of mixture for each patty.
- Place bread crumbs on a chopping board and coat the patties in the bread crumbs.
- Lightly spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the patties and cook each side for 5 – 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Replace tuna with a can of red salmon.
- Try adding celery and cooked leek.