I have been absent of late as we have been preparing to move home! My time has been occupied getting our house ready for sale and so I thought I would share my top tips from my personal experience.
Here are my top tips:
- Declutter – make your house feel as spacious as possible.
- Remove the remnants of kids toys – keep the bare minimum out and pack away the rest. Keep out enough for people with kids to get the idea.
- Depersonalise – you want people to be able to imagine themselves living in your house which is hard if your photos are hanging on the walls.
- Tidy up cupboards and drawers – buyers will open them.
- Use your best decor items – your house should look as show home as possible, or at least more like it did before you had kids.
- Put your fluffy towels and nice soaps out in the bathroom – you want it to feel as luxurious as possible.
- Keep a candle burning – or in my case an electric melt warmer – you want all of the potential buyers senses to be awakened.
- Buy some fresh flowers for the open house.
- Take those precious pooches out for the day, potential buyers don’t want to see your pets in your backyard or home.
- Keep it shining and polished – you never know when someone may come by for a viewing.
I am very proud of how my house looks on the market and cannot wait to decorate another home in the future.