Ingredients Slow Cooker
- 1.1kg roast beef
- 1.5lt beef stock
- 2 parsnips, quartered
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, quartered
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 500gm pumpkin, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
Ingredients Mushroom Gravy
- 100gm butter
- 200gm mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons banana flour
- 2 cups liquid from Slow Cooker recipe
- pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Prior to serving prepare the gravy. Drain 2 cups liquid from slow cooker. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushroom and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Add liquid and simmer for 3 – 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with pepper and pour into serving jug.
- Place roast on a large plate or serving platter.