There is nothing like a Blueberry & Banana Loaf baking in the oven, creating a mouthwatering aroma throughout the house.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup banana flour
- 5 overripe bananas, mashed
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (extra for greasing)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen berries
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a loaf pan with a little coconut oil and line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, banana flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well (dry ingredients).
3. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and honey and stir in the mashed bananas and berries (wet ingredients).
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add the coconut oil and continue stirring.
5. Once combined, spoon the batter into the lined loaf tin and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then cover with foil and cook for another 40 – 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.