If you like the seaside, Terrigal is the place to visit!
A 1.5 hour drive from Sydney will have you at Terrigal and enjoying a weekend escape to this unique part of the Central Coast.
Here are my top things to do at Terrigal:
1. Stay at the Crowne Plaza Terrigal – with spectacular ocean views, my favourite things about the Crowne Plaza are the:
- large outdoor swimming pool and spa
- fabulous gym including table tennis for all ages
- scrumptious Buffet Breakfast
- short walk to the Main Street with restaurants and tourist shops
- close proximity to the beach
- Florida Bar – a vibrant bar with bands and DJ’s catering for all ages
2. Climb the Hill (Skillion) – A walk up the Skillion is a perfect way to start the day. Locals are often seen at the Skillion running up the hill. When you reach the top of the Skillion, you have great panoramic views of the coastline and the Ocean.
3. Fishing – There are many great fishing spots at Terrigal or close by at The Entrance, either rock, beach or wetting a line from a boat. There are a large variety of fish to be caught off the coastline.
4. Shopping – If you are after a little retail therapy, there are plenty of boutique, homewares and gift shops in Terrigal. My favourite Menswear shop at Terrigal is Sargeant Peppers which stock a range of designer Menswear.
5. Beach – Terrigal Beach is long and pristine with plenty of options other than swimming – Paddle Boarding, Surfing and for the more adventurous, Jet Skiing.
6. Places to Eat– Terrigal has a wonderful variety of Restaurants to choose from such as French, Thai, Indian, Mexican and Greek. Hog’s Breath Cafe is in a prime location with wonderful beach views.
If you prefer a Cafe, there are plenty of options. My favourite is the Terrigal Surf Cafe which is located on the beach with a variety of menu options. This Cafe always serves a scrumptious meal and their customer service is excellent.
7. Lagoon – A wonderful Lagoon with BBQ facilities makes this area a good spot for a picnic. The Lagoon is also a place where you can go Canoeing.